5.09.2011

Open Air Market

Just five blocks north of my little neighborhood resides a bigger, more dense and generationally older neighborhood. Within those few square miles is any cooks dream, an open air market. You can get it all. Produce, meat, fish, herbs, spices, exotic nuts, handmade noodles roots, pig feet, chicken feet, eel and multiple different types of animal intestines.

I can cruise out to the the bustling alleyways of the market and grab two weeks worth of produce for 8 bucks. A block of still warm tofu made that hour costs $1.50. But the best moments happen when I don't buy anything at all. I just walk through this perfectly Korean place and soak it in.

P1010706
(Korean side dishes. This is what they eat instead of french fries.)

P1010707

P1010708
(That's a beef carcass, just hangin out.)

P1010705

P1010704

P1010703
(These are roots used for soup broths, I think.)

...get Lost my friends.

2 comments: